- Wear clothing that covers arms and legs completely; wear closed shoes.
- While filling or transferring liquid gas, wear insulating gloves and safety goggles.
- Always leave a small amount of liquid gas in recipient larger than 40 litres to avoid excessive evaporation. This also prevents the formation of ice in the cryo-containers.
- The evaporation of 1 litre of liquid nitrogen produces about 700 litres of nitrogen gas. Cold, gaseous nitrogen is denser than air and displaces oxygen (risk of asphyxiation).
- In cargo lifts or stairs. Never in lifts with people.
- After the transport, helium dewars should be connected immediately to the helium recovery conduit.
- Liquid gases should not be transported with private vehicles.
Frostbite: to be treated like a burn
Danger of asphyxiation
Leave danger area and alert Tel. 888.