- It is forbidden to deposit furniture and devices in the stairwells.
- In escape corridors it is forbidden to deposit furniture, merchandise, and electric appliances such as fridges and coffee machines.
- In very wide corridors (>1.8 m) non-flammable and lockable cabinets are allowed. One copying machine per fire compartment is allowed in escape corridors. Supplies for the copying machine can be stored in non-flammable cupboards. For trash, self-extinguishing trash cans should be used. These devices and furniture may only be placed in an escape corridor if the remaining width is at least 1.2 m.
In the laboratory
- Inform yourself about the escape routes and fire suppression mechanisms prior to beginning to work in a new lab.
- Keep the amount of flammable material in the working area at a minimum.
- Flammable liquids which should be kept refrigerated should only be stored in specially designated fridges.
- Use open flames for heating only if no other option is available.
The following warning signs can be obtained from the D-PHYS shop: