- Wear safety goggles.
- Remove bracelets, necklaces, and rings.
- Don't wear gloves, they could get caught in the machine.
- Wear hearing protection when working with or close to loud machines.
- Gather long hair in a bonnet, or wear your hair in a bun.
- Remove the key from the lathe chuck before turning the machine on.
- Fix the workpiece tightly, for example with a vice.
Soldering and welding
- Wear welding goggles (UV light!).
- Wear an overcoat, free of oil and grease, and of a non-flammable material.
- The tubing of the welding equipment should be in mint conditions.
Wear safety goggles
Wear hearing protection