IT Services Group
The IT Services Group (ISG) in the Physics Department is the central contact point for all concerns revolving around IT.
We manage the central e-mail, file, backup, web, and print servers, together with the computer room for exercises. We're happy to assist with any IT-related questions. The IT coordinator of your institute is responsible for the procurement and coordination of the local IT infrastructure. Additional servers and workstations are managed directly by the institutes. Our website features a blog with announcements and information for our users, an extensive documentation, and links to the online services of the department.
- Fully automated installation and distribution of security updates.
- A wide range of software packages (IDL, Maple, Mathematica, Matlab, R, DS9, Simulations for Solid State Physics, Skycat, Supermongo, Reduce, Vipgi, Intel C and Fortran Compilers, SMA Miriad, HIPE, Condor, Sextractor, Starlink, swarp, splash, zebra...).
- Available in 64-bit architectures (Debian or Ubuntu), accelerated 3d graphics rendering, special purpose hardware.
- Silent thin clients (Linux and Windows on one client) for noise-sensitive environments.
Please note that we do not have the resources to install individual non-managed machines or support them at the same level as managed machines. This applies particularly to laptop computers. With non-managed computers, you're on your own.
- Management of multiple VLANs in the buildings of D-PHYS.
- DHCP service.
- Vulnerability scans.
- Emergency incident support.